While we love living in Canada, we sometimes wish the summer was just a little longer in Alberta. We are sad to say that summer will soon be coming to an end once again here in Edmonton. Luckily, it is still August so you still have some time to enjoy the beautiful weather before the cold sets in. A great way to spend time outside is to visit some of the great parks here in the city. Edmonton is not only a beautiful city in general, it also has a lot of beautiful parks for people of all ages to enjoy. Check out our list of the best parks in Edmonton AB and spend sometime outdoors soaking up the last of summer.
- Louise Mckinney Riverfront Park – 9999 Grierson Hill Road: Louise Mckinney Riverfront Park is one of many along the North Saskatchewan River. This park is the first in line along the river parks system and has a lot of great activity areas like a Chinese Garden, trails, and even a public dock for those who want to spend time on the river.
- William Hawrelak Park – 9330 Groat Road: Not only is William Hawrelak Park on the river, it also has a small lake to enjoy. The park offers everything from barbeque sites to paddle boats, as well as many different festivals throughout the year.
- Fort Edmonton Park – 7000 143 Street: Fort Edmonton Park is the place to go for both history buffs and those who like a little something different. The park offers glimpses of living history in Edmonton from different eras and is both educational and fun. This is a great destination for class fieldtrips, family outings, or just anyone who wants to enjoy a simpler time.
- Victoria Park – 12130 River Valley Road: Victoria Park is a great place to go and relax when you want to get away from the busy city, but you do not even have to leave the city to get there. The park has areas for picnicking, hiking trails, and even a ball diamond for those looking to play baseball or cricket. The park also offers a great view of the river and a lot of trees for those who love nature.
- Emily Murphy Park – 11904 Emily Murphy Park Road: Emily Murphy Park is another great place to enjoy the beauty of the river valley. There’s a lot of grassy area to enjoy and a lot of picnic areas. The park is also not too big and it’s very close for those who live downtown. This park is the perfect place to go and enjoy the outdoors for those who spend a lot of time in the city.
We hope you get to spend some time at a few of the parks here in Edmonton while the weather is still nice. The good news is that even if it’s winter, many of these parks are still open and offer great winter activities. Now that you know where to find the best parks in the city, hop into your Honda and enjoy the great outdoors in the beautiful River Valley