If you are looking for ways to wrap up the summer, why not spend the day in Edmonton enjoying some of the great attractions in the area? We live in a truly beautiful city and there really are a lot of enjoyable things to do. Here at Wheaton Honda, we like provide information not only about new Honda models, but also about community information as well. If you are looking for day trips in Edmonton AB, we have a few great places for you to spend the day.
- Edmonton Valley Zoo — The Edmonton Valley Zoo is not the biggest zoo, but it is a great little place to spend the day. There are a wide variety of animals at the zoo, and kids especially will enjoy learning about all the great wildlife.
- Muttart Conservatory — The Muttart Conservatory not only looks interesting and unique, but it also houses some fantastic botanical gardens. The conservatory holds a variety of ecosystems and many different plants and trees that you might not be able to see otherwise.
- Fort Edmonton Park — Fort Edmonton Park is a great place for history buffs who want to learn about what Edmonton was like in days past. The park features events and activities for people of all ages to enjoy and is a great place for people to learn about historical Edmonton.
- Elk Island National Park — If you enjoy the outdoors, Elk Island National Park is a great place to spend the day, and it’s right here in Edmonton. If you visit the park you are bound to see elk, bison, a variety of bird species, and other wildlife.
- Galaxyland Amusement Park — Whether you have kids or you want to get in touch with your inner child, Galaxyland is always a great destination. Since the amusement park is indoors, it’s a perfect place to spend the day all year round.
The next time you have a free day, we hope you get to enjoy some time at one of the great areas around Edmonton. If you are looking for more great community information and tips about attractions in the area, continue reading the community section of our blog.