Now that we are officially into October and the Fall season is underway, we’re getting closer to the end of daylight savings time. This year Daylight Savings Time ends at 2am on Sunday November 1, 2015, which means we will have to turn back our clocks. Now most of us have less clocks to actually change than we used to, with cell phones and computers updating the clocks on their own. However, we still have that pesky clock in our cars that we need to update whenever the time changes. We thought this would be a good time to go over updating the clock in one of the most popular Honda models so that you are all set once November 1st rolls around. Below we have instructions on how to change the clock in a Honda Civic and we have provided directions for the 3 most recent Honda Civic generations.
Read More: How to Connect to HondaLink Next Generation
Changing the Clock in a 2012 or newer Honda Civic with a Display Audio Screen
- Touch the clock on the touchscreen to select the time.
- Touch “clock adjustment” on the clock menu to update.
- Use the up and down arrows on the touchscreen to change each number in the time.
- Once the time is correct, touch “ok.”
Changing the Clock in a 2012 or newer Honda Civic with an I-Mid Screen
- Push the menu button on the left side of the steering wheel.
- When the menu comes up, use the arrows to scroll to the bottom of the menu to “clock adjustment.”
- Hit the source button to select “clock adjustment” from the menu.
- Use the right and left arrows to select each number, hit the source button to change the numbers as desired.
- Once the time is correct, use the arrows to scroll over to “set” and hit the source button to save the time.
Changing a Clock in a 2006 to 2011 Honda Civic
- Press and hold the clock button (which is also the am/fm button) until the time flashes.
- Use preset 1 and preset 2 to change the time as desired. 1 will have a small H to the side for hour and 2 will have a small M to the side for minute. Push and hold each button until you arrive
- at the correct time.
- Press and hold the clock button again to set the time.
Changing the Clock in a 2001 to 2005 Honda Civic
- Hold the SCAN/RPT button (which is also the clock button) until you hear a beep
- Use the 4 and 5 preset buttons to update the time as desired. 4 will update the hours and 5 will update the minutes.
- Press SCAN/RPT once more to save the time when it is set as desired.
We hope this helps you update the clock in your Honda Civic as we fall back an hour for the end of daylight savings time this year. For more great tips like this, visit the Tips and Tricks section of the Wheaton Honda blog.