Winter is well on its way here in Edmonton! We know many of you out there dread the ending of fall because winter seemingly lasts forever; however, with so many winter activities here in the city there’s plenty to look forward to. Actually it can be rather exciting having a long winter because that means we can experience activities those in warmer climates cannot. For instance, there are quite a few outdoor ice skating rinks in Edmonton AB that all ages can visit to experience some winter fun. Below you’ll find a list of the outdoor rinks in the city. Once winter is officially here, you can visit any of these locations to get the most out of the season.
Read More: Car Maintenance Tips for Winter
- Castle Downs: 153 Ave. and 115 St.
- City Hall: 1 Sir Winston Churchill Square – Open during City Hall hours
- Jackie Parker Park: 50 St. and 44 Ave. – Facilities open 7am to 9pm
- Rundle Park: 113 Ave. and 29 St. – Ice rink open 10am to 10pm, pavilion open 9am to 10pm
- Victoria Park Oval: 12130 River Valley Rd. – Open 10am to 10pm. Ice rink is closed for maintenance Tuesday through Thursday 5pm to 6pm and reserved by the Edmonton Speed Skating Association Monday and Wednesday 6pm to 7pm and Tuesday and Thursday 6pm to 9pm.
- William Hawrelak Park: 9330 Groat Rd. – Ice rink open 11am to 10pm, pavilion open 9am to 10pm
These are all great locations to spend some time this winter. Many of these outdoor ice skating rinks even have a warming pavilion, washrooms, and skate changing areas. Here at Wheaton Honda, we love winter and we’re happy to see our beloved city continuing to embrace it. If you would like more information about community events and tips, continue reading our informative blog.