Now that winter is here, kids and adults alike can start enjoying fun activities in the snow like skiing and snowboarding, ice skating, snowmobiling, and sledding. Luckily, our beloved city of Edmonton offers a lot of great areas to enjoy every type of fun winter outdoor activity. We’ve gone over places to ski and where to ice skate outdoors around the city, but we haven’t yet discussed where to go sledding, tubing, and tobogganing around here.
No matter what age you are, you can have fun sledding with friends. Living in Canada we get a lot of snow, which leaves plenty of opportunities to enjoy one of the best winter activities. Below you’ll find a list of some of the best sledding hills in Edmonton AB where you can enjoy everything from regular sledding to snow tubing.
- Sunridge Ski Area – 10980 17 Street, Edmonton
- Emily Murphy Park – 11904 Emily Murphy Park Rd NW, Edmonton
- Government House Park – 9938 Groat Road NW, Edmonton
- Castle Downs Park – 11510 153 Avenue, Edmonton
- Rundle Park – 2909 113 Ave NW, Edmonton
- Whitemud Park North – 13204 Fox Drive NW, Edmonton
- Seven Hills – 13 Mission Ave, St Albert
We hope this list helps you find some great places to hit the hills and feel like a kid again. If you’re still looking for more great hills to enjoy some sledding, someone put together a handy map of all the best tobogganing hills in Canada, which you can check out here. Enjoy the fun in the snow.
If you’re in need of a capable Honda vehicle with enough room for all your sledding gear, you can check out models like the Honda Pilot right here at Wheaton Honda. For more great community information and tips like this, continue following our blog.