A lot of our vehicles have been revamped and introduced over the past couple of years, but one of our favorites seemed to slip right through the cracks: the Odyssey. Minivans might not be as popular as they once were, but they still make an excellent option for growing families, and the Odyssey has made an excellent option for many years. Now, a completely redesigned 2018 Honda Odyssey in Edmonton AB has been introduced, full of great new features and an even more sophisticated design than ever before.
In-Vehicle Connectivity in the 2018 Honda Odyssey
Perhaps the one area that was focused on more than anything in the new 2018 Honda Odyssey was its in-vehicle connectivity features. Connectivity has become increasingly important to drivers and car buyers everywhere, especially in family vehicles like the Odyssey. Honda tackled this head on when they designed the new minivan, so we thought we’d highlight all of the new connectivity features that the 2018 Odyssey will offer.
- New 8” high-definition display audio screen, featuring a Honda-developed operating system
- The new display audio will offer things like improved telematics features, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and even a physical volume knob
- 4G LTE WiFi connectivity
- System updates will be available for things like the display audio’s operating system via internet or USB
- CabinWatch: a new system featuring cameras that allow the front passenger and driver to watch what passengers are doing in the back
- CabinTalk: allows the driver to talk to passengers in the back through the audio system speakers or through the rear-seat entertainment system headphones
- Connected Rear Seat Entertainment System: a new 10.2” WSVGA rear entertainment system lets back seat passengers stream live video over the 4G system or even a cell phone data plan
- Cabin Control: a smartphone app allows the car owner to control things like the heating and air conditioning in the back, the rear seat entertainment system and even the navigation system through their phone
- Social Playlist: allows up to eight passengers to add their favorite songs to the audio system via smartphones
These connectivity features only begin to scratch the surface of what’s incredible in the all-new 2018 Honda Odyssey. You can find more information about the new minivan on our blog, but if you’d like to sign up for updates or schedule a test drive you can do so utilizing the form below.